11.20.2016

VeganMoFo 2016:
A Few of my Favorite (Vegan New Orleans) Things.
Day 20: my favorite gumbo.

Welcome to A Few of my Favorite (Vegan New Orleans) Things, a month-long mini-series for VeganMoFo 2016!  Today I bring you my favorite gumbo: the gumbo at Seed!  It's not quite a traditional - it has red beans and kale in it, after all - but it captures the spirit and flavor of traditional gumbo and satisfies that longing in my heart.  So perfect now that it's finally cold!!  The optional seitan is totally worth it, btw.




2 comments:

  1. It looks amazing, and that seems to be a generous portion of seitan. What's the side dish?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is and it is! The side is the Southern Fried Nuggets, I daresay Seed's most popular item. They're featured as my favorite tofu! http://neworleansingreen.blogspot.com/2016/11/veganmofo-2016-favorite-vegan-tofu-new-orleans.html

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.