8.23.2016

Eat the Guide! A New NOiG Series.

Hello!  I come to you today with an exciting announcement.  As you know if you're a regular NOiG reader, in the spring I published an updated guide to vegan-friendly restaurants in New Orleans.  Now, in an effort to put my money where my mouth is - or maybe put my mouth where my guide is? - I am making a city-wide tour of its listings!  Specifically, I plan to begin going through the guide, in order, and dining (again for the most part) at each restaurant included therein.  Fun!


You may have some questions.

Like, How long will this take?  Given that the guide lists 90 restaurants, not including those outside of the more concentrated neighborhoods, food trucks, and pop-ups, it's going to take quite a long time.  This series is projected to wrap up in the Spring of 2018!  Right around when I'm likely to be updating the guide again, incidentally.

And, When will I post?  Every Monday morning from now until I visit them all.

And, What will I say?  Each post will have the following information:
  1. A general description of the restaurant and its overall appearance / ambiance.
  2. Its hours of operation as of the time of my visit.
  3. Its service style.
  4. What vegan options are there, and whether it specifically provides items that are soy-free, gluten-free, et cetera.
  5. Whether and to what extent it provides alcohol and/or espresso drinks.
  6. A price range for vegan options.
  7. What I ate, with pics!  And a description of my visit.
Are y'all excited?  This is our chance to really dig deep and examine many of New Orleans' vegan offerings.  I hope you're looking forward to it as much as I am.  Expect the first Eat the Guide post on Monday, September 5th!

Follow along with your own guide!  Join me for dinner maybe!  It's going to be a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment