12.22.2015

Had a little help from my friends.

Vegan caviar?!  Vegan caviar!!
Monday, December 21st was the official start of the winter season.  It was also a wonderful evening at Seed, New Orleans' only full service all-vegan restaurant.  The event boasted both the Humane Society of Louisiana's holiday happy hour, as well as the Winter 2015 edition of Vegan Drinks New Orleans.  Numerous delicious hors d'oeuvres were shared by attendees, including artichoke cakes, caviar, and universal favorite southern fried nuggets.

Dana does the honors

To top off the night, the Humane Society awarded four community members with a wonderful honor: that of their Vegan Pioneer Award.  The recipients included Edgar Cooper of Seed, Jehan Strouse of 3 Potato 4, Leah Duncan of Vegan Village fame, and... me!

Edgar and me
I was thrilled and honored to be chosen for this award.  I didn't have a chance to give a speech (ha ha), but if I had I would have noted that I couldn't do much of the work that I do without the support of the truly excellent vegan community in New Orleans.  As we head into the new year, I want to thank everyone who makes it possible and worthwhile to do things like maintain the map.


Have a wonderful winter everyone, and I'll see you in 2016!

Huzzah to new friends!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.