9.01.2015

Food Issues Book Club: September!

Hello all!  Welcome to the NOiG Food Issues Book Club, wherein I read books about food stuff, summarize each book by chapter, and then attempt to apply that book chapter's ideas to the New Orleans food environment and my own experiences.  Fun right?!  Check out previous installations here.  I'd love it if you'd read along and join in!  And now, without further ado...

Hi y'all!  Welcome to September!  Who's excited for this month's book, The Politics of Food Supply- U.S. Agricultural Policy in the World Economy by Bill Winders?  Here's what I can say for sure so far: the title is a mouthful.  Gonna have to figure out how to slim that down for posts.

By the time I'm finished reading this book I hope to have a much better understanding of US food policies, such as the much-maligned subsidy policies and the much-debated Farm Bill.  Yay learning!

You coming along for the fun?  If you are now reading or have previously read this book, please chime in!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.