7.01.2015

Food Issues Book Club: July!

Hello all!  Welcome to the NOiG Food Issues Book Club, wherein I read books about food stuff, summarize each book by chapter, and then attempt to apply that book chapter's ideas to the New Orleans food environment and/or my own experiences.  Fun right?!  Check out previous installations here.  I'd love it if you'd read along and join in!  And now, without further ado...

Hello all!  Long time no see!  June was a busy and difficult month for me, and I find myself jonesing to get back to the books.  So I'm excited to dive into Bringing It to the Table, a collection of essays by Wendell Berry.  I've intended to read Berry for at least a decade so it's really about time!

Given the essay format of the book, I'm not quite sure how blog posts will shape up.  They may be in a bit of a different format than other months.  I hope you'll enjoy reading them regardless!  Have you read Berry?  Are you reading him now?  Chime in!  Comments are always appreciated as everyone benefits from intelligent discourse.  Look out for the first blog entry in the next few days!


1 comment:

  1. Hey spammers! I immediately delete your spam comments. You are just wasting everyone's time. Please move on. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.