4.01.2015

Food Issues Book Club: April!

Hello all!  Welcome to the NOiG Food Issues Book Club, wherein I read books about food stuff, summarize each book by chapter, and then attempt to apply that book chapter's ideas to the New Orleans food environment and my own experiences.  Fun right?!  Check out previous installations here.  I'd love it if you'd read along and join in!  And now, without further ado...

New month, new book!  I seriously can't wait to dive into Weighing In: Obesity, Food Justice, and the Limits of Capitalism by Julie Guthman.  It's more recent than my last few selections (2011), and so should have far fewer out-of-date issues than my last couple selections.  Sorry 'bout that.  I have mixed feelings about spending an entire month knee deep in the so-called "obesity epidemic," but I have high hopes for Guthman's approach.  I feel sure that, love it or hate it, it will be an interesting journey.

You coming along?  (Yeah I went there.  Forgive me.)  Really though, reading challenging material is so much more fun when there's someone around to argue with about it.  I'll bet your local library can have a copy to you asap!

A housekeeping note: I think I'm going to start putting fun titles on my blog posts again.  I miss them.  Don't you?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.