11.10.2014

365 Project Day 314: Happy Gumbo Fest!




This weekend, Armstrong Park played host to the Treme Creole Gumbo Festival!  Excitingly, the festival once again held a vegan gumbo contest, so each vendor offered a vegan gumbo!  I visited yesterday and was able to sample nine of the ten - Dreamy Weenies' gumbo was so good that it sold out on Saturday!

Clockwise from top left: Sweet Lorraine's Jazz Club, The Original New Orleans Po-Boys, Lil Dizzy's, and Miss Linda's

Clockwise from top left: Palmer's Cuisine, Woody's Fish Tacos, Carmo, and The Praline Connection
Some were better than others, there's no doubt. For me, the best were Carmo and The Praline Connection. I was sad that I didn't get to try Dreamy's offering, but there a chance they'll add it to the menu.  Everyone participated and had a good time, which is what makes this my favorite event of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment