- 4 Tbsp
butterEarth Balance buttery sticks
- 4-5 cups sliced leeks, white and pale green parts only (from about 4(?) large leeks)
- 1 medium onion, chopped or sliced
- 2 lbs Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 6 cups
water (vegetarian option), or chicken stockvegetable stock 2 teaspoons Kosher salt (more to taste)
- 1/2 cup Tofutti or other vegan sour cream
- 1/2 cup
heavy whipping creamunsweetened unflavored almond milk
- Chopped fresh chives for garnish
I dunno if my leeks were extra large, but I only needed to of them to get four plus cups of slices. For the broth I used three Rapunzel cubes in six cups of water - they are quite salty, so I omitted the 2 extra teaspoons of salt. I was worried that it wouldn't be creamy enough, but the Tofutti sour cream is thicker than the non-vegan variety, so it balances out with the almond milk. And finally, instead of chives which I don't particularly enjoy, fresh ground pepper was the perfect topping.
And there it is! Enjoy.