10.31.2013

HAPPY HALLOWEEN NEW ORLEANS!!

Happy Halloween y'all!  This is a big favorite holiday here in New Orleans, so I hope you're all celebrating in style.  Did you maybe go to the Anba Dlo celebration at the New Orleans Healing Center on the 19th?  Or maybe you took the kids out to the Olde Towne Pumpkin Festival in Slidell?  Are you planning to hit The Haunted Mortuary this year?  I don't know if I'll make it... I might get to scared!

Whatever you're doing, make sure to keep the animals in mind!  Perhaps today is the perfect day to adopt a black cat?  In case you didn't know, black cats are rarely adopted due to superstition.  (If you do adopt one, make sure to keep him inside on Halloween as they can be targeted!  You should probably just keep him inside anyway.)  Also, don't forget to source your trick-or-treat candy responsibly!  I promise that it's totally possible to have a safe, responsible, AND FUN Halloween!!


No comments:

Post a Comment