9.09.2013

Happy National Teddy Bear and Cheerwine Day!

Today is National Teddy Bear Day.  I love teddy bears.  My favorite bear is my Snuggie, given to me when I was 2 years old and still a stalwart resident of my bedroom.  Teddy bears are named after Theodore Roosevelt (the "big game hunter" himself) - a very un-vegan guy who had a moment of respect (maybe) one day on a bear hunt - did you know?

I have noticed time and time again, though, that teddy bears are distinctly not food.  And so I'd like to take this opportunity to talk to you about Cheerwine.

Yes, Cheerwine!  That mysterious cherry soda you may have seen while driving through the Southeast.  Unlike Barq's, which used to be local but now has national distribution (and a different formula), Cheerwine remains wholeheartedly regional.

What that means is that the next time you're driving through the Carolinas, you need to pick some up!  It's worth it for the special treat you'll have once you get back home.  And if you just can't wait, check with Panda with Cookie to see if she'll whip you up a batch of Cheerwine cookies!!




1 comment:

  1. I have never heard of Cheerwine - I guess that comes from growing up in Southern CA. Sounds interesting though!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.