My favorite punch is simple and delicious. To make it you will need:
- a large punch receptacle, such as a punch bowl (which works best for presentation and serving)
- a two-liter bottle of high quality ginger ale, chilled (sub some or all unsweetened citrus sparkling water for a less-sweet but still flavorful punch)
- a bottle of vegan champagne or sparkling white wine, chilled
- one quart of Brocato's lemon Italian ice (if you're not in Nola, I suppose some other Italian ice or sorbet will do)
- two lemons, cut into thin rounds and frozen
- Run hot water over the outside of your lemon ice so that it can easily slide out. Invert it so that it lands as a pillar in the center of your punchbowl.
- Pour your bottle of ginger ale slowly over the lemon ice.
- Next, pour your bottle of champagne over the lemon ice.
- Finally, float the frozen lemon slices on the top of the punch, around the pillar of lemon ice that will still exist a bit after all that pouring.
Of course, you could also just make some Kool-Aid... Ahhh, memories. ;)