The internet can be a magical place. One day this past summer the hubby craved pancakes for breakfast, so I hit up the Google. And I quickly discovered the most wonderful pancake recipe - vegan, fast, easy, light and fluffy - perfect! Enjoy.
- 1 cup flour (whichever kind you prefer)
- 1 tablespoon sugar (I used organic cane sugar)
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup soymilk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Set out all your ingredients.
- Set a stove element with a pan to medium heat.
- Combine the 4 dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder -- two Tablespoons, not two Teaspoons as some have suggested, salt) in a bowl.
- Add the soy milk and vegetable oil to your mixture.
- Mix until smooth.
- Now the pan should be ready for your batter, so spoon one pancakes' worth of the mixture into the pan.
- Flip [carefully] when you see bubbles in the middle of the pancake, or if the edges are looking stiffened.
- Repeat until the batter is gone, and try not to eat them all while you're cooking them.
You can, of course, also hit up Santa Fe Tapas the next time they're serving pancakes at their weekly Saturday vegan brunch - they truly are divine! See?: