So here's my personal recipe for delicious lemonade... which I'm sure is not terribly different from thousands of others. But it's solid and I think you'll enjoy it.
Mel's Fresh Lemonade
*makes 2 quarts
- in a 2-quart pitcher, combine 1/2 cup sugar and at least one cup of hot water - hot enough to melt the sugar. stir until sugar is totally melted.
- add ice to the pitcher so that the ice melts and your sugar-water mixture is cold, with just a few ice cube bits floating in there.
- squeeze the juice from three medium-sized lemons; remove any seeds from the juice.
- add the lemon juice to your pitcher and stir.
- fill the pitcher up the rest of the way with cold filtered water.