5.31.2013

Happy National Macaroon Day!

Funny story: until this was published and a friend called me out, I didn't know that there were different words for "macaroon" and "macaron."  ...as evidenced by the post below.  I have now learned, and today is in fact National Macaroon Day, and should celebrate those coconutty confections.  But I'm leaving it as it is, for funsies.  In case you share my confusion, the cookies featured here are, in fact, French macarons.

Vegan macaroons are a sort of holy grail for veganism.  The confections are so unique and delicious... and so traditionally made from almost nothing but egg whites!  But behold: the internet can be your savior here.  You'll have to ship them down from New York, but from what I hear it will be worth it.


No comments:

Post a Comment