5.06.2013

Happy National Crepes Suzette Day!

In French class in the 7th grade, we made crepes with a special crepe pan.  It was all very, very sophisticated, and I was the best crepe maker in the class.

...and I haven't eaten them since.  So I thought, why not try it again?  I easily found this recipe for vegan crepes.  (I'm not sure if it's not a great recipe or if I'm just not great at cooking them - they were a bit more chewy than I remember.  But they tasted alright.)

Then, to properly celebrate this national day, it was just a matter of whipping up some Suzette sauce.  It's a pretty simple reduction of butter, orange juice, and sugar, with a topping of Grand Marnier or other orange liquor.  Luckily Grand Marnier is already vegan, so it was just a matter of using vegan "butter" and sugar.  (And, of course, using actually vegan orange juice.)  I followed this recipe (sort of) for the sauce and presentation.

And here's what I came up with!  I don't think I'll be making these all the time, as it took a while and they are pretty sweet and greasy! But it was fun and they were tasty.  Happy crepe-ing y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment