4.29.2013

Happy National Shrimp Scampi Day!

Shrimp Scampi!  I've... never eaten it.  Not with "real" shrimp anyway.  But when I saw this day coming down the line, I just had to give a shot at veganizing.  With the awesome vegan shrimp products on the  market these days, I figured it would be nice and easy.

And it is!

I mean, you can use a really complicated and specific recipe for your vegan Shrimp Scampi like this one.  BUT, so long as you're somewhat comfortable with cooking, you can just sautee your shrimp in some (vegan) butter - or even olive oil -
along with garlic, white wine, lemon juice, and black pepper.  Either way, it's sure to be a delicious and decadent dinner.  I do suggest serving it with some nice brown rice, or as a sandwich on some nice crusty French bread.  (Because a plate of nothing but mock seafood is a bit... much.)

I got my shrimp from the uptown Whole Foods, which usually (but not always) stocks this brand.  Yes, it comes with sweet chili sauce - but it's in a separate little package and can be saved for later!

No comments:

Post a Comment