- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 cup turbinado sugar
- 2 large or 3 small ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (Blue Diamond is the absolute best!)
- 2 tbsp. blackstrap molasses
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350F, and prepare an 8×8 pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, sift flours, cocoa, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Whisk in sugar.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together banana, oil, milk, and molasses.
- Combine wet and dry preps without overmixing - this happens very quickly. Fold in chocolate chips (chunks).
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 25 - 35 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Leave in pan for about 30 minutes, then remove cake from pan, place it on a cooling rack and let cool completely before slicing. (Actually, it's quite good warm!)
Enjoy your banana bread! And please, please buy fair trade bananas!!