6.03.2011

Saturday Night: Local Food Art on Julia Street

I didn't make it to the May Art Walk on Julia Street; things were just too hectic. I'd only been in town for a couple of days. But now that I'm settled in, it will definitely be a staple on my events calendar. So I'm completely psyched that this Saturday night (June 4), Carmo will be hosting a truly special event. The New Orleans Food Co-Op has put together a Local Food Art Exhibition - doesn't that sound fantastic? Check out their Facebook event page about it.

Here's a brief description:
This Saturday night, Carmo Cafe, Cathedral Creative Studios, and the New Orleans Food Co-op present an important stop on Julia Street during the Art Walk. Indulge your senses with the delicious taste of the near future. NOFC will be working with as many local growers & producers as possible. Come see, taste, & learn about some of the locally produced foods that will be offered in NOFC's grocery store
The exhibit will include photographs from local farms, food for (fundraising) sale, and opportunities to learn more about the Co-Op. (I'm already a member. You are too, right?) I'm SO there. I'm tempted to just go there right now and wait. I haven't been to Carmo's storefront yet, but I had their food at the Nola Veg Fest a couple weeks ago, and Oh. My. God. I can say that I've literally never had anything like it. That doesn't happen to me very often.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.